Pages

Friday, September 15, 2017

Whimsy Stamps - Merry Christmas Characters

I just LOVE these christmas characters from Krista Heij-Barber. This rubber stamp set is from this month's Whimsy Stamps release and is called 'Merry Christmas Characters'. They are so versatile, they can be used for cards, tags, gift bags - perfect to make coordinating gift sets.


I decided to make them into simple gift tags for teacher gifts.
I colored the images using prismacolor pencils and then fussy cut them out.
I wanted to make simple rosette tags using papers from my stash.



I cut a strip of 12x12 patterned paper 1 1/2" wide, and scored the paper at every 1/2".
The paper is then folded backwards and forwards.


It takes a bit of fiddling with, but I then glued the 2 ends together using tombow's multipurpose glue and held it in place with a couple of mini clothes pegs. Some weight is need on top of the rosette to hold it in place whilst it sticks.



Whilst I was waiting for it to stick together, I made the rest of the elements for the tag.
I used a stitched circle die (now retired) to cut out the back of the tag and the banner die from the 'Card Builder -Many Thanks' die set - cutting off one end to make it straight. A little doodling using a white gel pen added a little more interest on the banner.
I then put all of the elements together and added it to a simple window box that I picked up on clearance at Michael's.



A very easy, cute gift box.




 


Thanks for looking.

Happy Crafting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment