Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Cute Card Thursday - Flowers

Our theme at Cute Card Thursday this week is 'Flowers'. 
As always, we welcome your own interpretation. 

The stamp I chose this week is from Whimsy Stamps new release and is called 'Stained Glass Sunflower'. This is a great, large background stamp.

I decided to keep the stamp as the main focus of this card and made a very simple card.

I stamped the image onto white, blue, green and yellow cardstock. I then fussy cut the pieces from the different colors.

I used matching distress ink on the edges of the colored pieces before paper piecing them back onto the white background image.

I added wink of stella to the yellow pieces for a little sparkle (unfortunately this doesn't show up too well on the photo).

I stamped the sentiment from the Scripty Occasions stamp set (now retired). I used Versamark Watermark ink on black cardstock, and then heat embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder. I then cut it out to make a simple banner, adding some stitching with a white gel pen.

This was then adhered onto a black card base.

We are sponsored this week by All Dressed Up Stamps, a great prize as always! 
Hope you can join us! See you there!

Thanks for looking!
Happy crafting



    

No comments:

Post a Comment